Mindfulness is prescribed to thousands of patients on the NHS each year to help prevent anxiety, depression and stress. It is no longer exclusive to clinical settings but is now benefiting more and more people and can be found in schools, offices, multi national corporations, NHS, military bases etc:
What is Mindfulness ?
In brief mindfulness is a very simple form of non religious meditation. Mindfulness is the practice of paying attention to thoughts, physical sensations, and the environment without constantly feeling the need to judge what’s happening or to make it other than it is. To cultivate this present moment awareness, we pay attention on purpose, with an attitude of kindness to ourselves and others. We experience what it truly feels like to be fully present in this moment now.
Over time, mindfulness brings about long-term changes in mood and levels of happiness and wellbeing. Scientific studies have shown that mindfulness not only prevents depression, but that it also positively affects the brain patterns underlying day-to-day anxiety, stress, depression and irritability so that when they arise, they dissolve away again more easily. Other studies have shown that regular meditators see their doctors less often and spend fewer days in hospital. Memory improves, creativity increases and reaction times become faster
Corporate Mindfulness Courses and Workshops
- 8 Week Mindfulness Course – Employees completing this module will have all the strategies they need to bring Mindful concepts in to the working environment
- Half Day Mindfulness Introduction
- Full Day Mindfulness – Employees completing this module will have all the strategies they need to bring Mindful concepts in to the working environment
- Standalone 1 Hour Mindfulness workshop
Benefits of Mindfulness
- a reduction in employees’ levels of stress
- an increase in their levels of emotional intelligence
- increased productivity
- increased interpersonal sensitivity and lower levels of impulsivity
- higher levels of personal resilience
- lower rates of health-related absenteeism
- increased self-awareness
- enhanced communication skills
- increased concentration and attention span
- a greater capacity to hold and work with information
- improved sleeping patterns
- lower levels of psychological distress, including depression and anxiety
- improved creativity, innovation and ‘out of the box’ thinking
- higher levels of well-being and overall work and life satisfaction
Contact us for further information on our Mindfulness programmes.
We offer our Mindfulness workshops throughout the UK.